Become a trained ELP (Death Doula), providing holistic care for those at the end-of-life transition — embodying your life’s purpose and the evolution of your own being.
Receive the training you’ll need to support clients and their families through the death and dying process now — while also laying the foundation to continue your training and become a Certified ELP & Death Doula anytime you choose.
WAITLIST FOR 2024/25 IS NOW FULL
Sign up below to be notified when
public enrollment opens on December 1st, 2023.
Join Our Mailing List
Our immersive End-of-Life Practitioner Death Doula Training Program includes three modules: Level I, Level II, and a Supervised Internship. (Students generally take 9-12 months to complete training and hours for certification).
Our in-depth ELP program encompasses every facet of the ELP’s role — exploring this work through a deep historical, ethical, mythological, psychological, religious/spiritual, and therapeutic lens, so you’ll understand every facet of this deeply meaningful work.
During our comprehensive training, you’ll:
- Gain the knowledge, skills, and presence to provide practical, psychological, social, and spiritual support for the dying and their caregivers.
- Become part of a vibrant community of end-of-life practitioners and death doulas.
- Learn how to offer support during all phases of care, providing support for families as they transcend fears, and inspire peace, love, and compassion.
- Train to provide compassion, lovingkindness, serenity, and joy.
- Grow and bring deeper meaning in life.
- Learn the skills you’ll need to work closely with Hospice and all end-of-life medical communities to coordinate the most ideal care for your clients.
- Cultivate a lifelong connection to others in the field of end-of-life care.
No Words to Describe This Process
Why Train With Us?
Our approach to care is compassion-focused and relationship-centered, featuring the
foundational training to support your personal and professional development.
The HeartWay Certification is our foundational training designed to help you strengthen your capacity for compassionate service and enhance spiritual development.
Upon completion of this training, you’ll have the skills necessary to provide ELP and Death Doula Services.
This extraordinary training experience empowers you to face your own fears around mortality. By helping others do the same, you’ll make a significant contribution to the evolution of your own being — and help others embrace life through honoring death.
- Front-line nurses
- Social workers
- Clinical leaders
- Home and family caregivers
- Healing arts professionals
- Hospice and palliative care volunteers
- And all who are called to embrace life thru honoring death
Our Comprehensive, Foundational Curriculum
- Module I: End-of-Life Historical Perspectives
- Module II: Understanding Death thru Life Span and Historical and Cultural Perspectives in Western and Eastern Culture
- Module III: Religious/Spiritual Beliefs, Philosophies, and Attitudes
- Module IV: Mythologies of Death
- Module V: End-of-Life Infrastructure
- Module VI: Laws and Patient Rights
Online Meeting Schedule
New dates will be added when 2024 Training & Certification Enrollment opens.
You’ll learn from our guest presenters, each with specific expertise, as you deepen and enrich your journey. We’ll post next year’s guest faculty when we open enrollment.
As a student in End-of-Life Practitioner & Death Doula Training Program, you’ll receive:
- Textbook. You’ll receive our BRAND NEW textbook, complete with learning objectives, lessons, assignments, practices, guides, and more.
- Interactive Online Classes.
Video Recordings of Class Sessions. After each class, video recordings will be available for you to stream anytime you need a refresher.
- Audio Recordings of Class Sessions. After each class, audio recordings will be available for you to stream anytime you need a refresher.
- Class Session Presentation Slides. You’ll also receive the presentation slides after each session is completed. You can then review, print, and highlight the most important insights and practices you were given.
- Resources and Materials for Integration. You’ll receive articles,
- Online Community. You’ll have opportunities to interact with your fellow students to take your exploration to an even deeper level — as part of a vibrant community of end-of-life practitioners and death doulas.
We make it easy to pay your tuition with our convenient payment options. In addition to a discounted single payment option, we also offer a 10-payment plan. You pay monthly and it’s easy to enroll. Choose the plan that works best for you below.
Tuition assistance is available.
For those seeking tuition assistance, a $500 deposit is required to receive an application. Apply here.
Meet Dr. Andrea Deerheart
Andrea Deerheart, PhD, is the founder of The HeartWay, a nonprofit foundation dedicated to embracing life through honoring death. Her pioneering work draws on her wisdom gathered over decades spent providing loving care and healing to those on the journey of conscious living and dying. Andrea’s primary work and teaching focus on issues related to aging, radiant well-being, cultural mythology, death and dying, and living a more compassionate life — as well as grief, loss, and mindful, compassionate care.
The author of the recording Yoga Nidra: Graceful Transitions, Andrea is also a 500hrRYT yoga instructor (the highest international standard for yoga teachers), a Certified Yoga Nidra Instructor, and a sought-after consultant, educator, writer, and poet.